The Trail

The Trail

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Mt. Si Trail run/Hike

Trailhead Map.
Gps Track and elevation plot.
 The trailhead parking a lot had more cars in it than I had expected. I arrived at the trailhead a 7:45am and headed up the trail at 8:00am. The weather was ok the temperature was 49f and it was slightly drizzling.
The trail was in great shape all the way to the top. There was only a little snow at the top but it was well packed down. There were a lot  of people with dogs on the trail most were off leash, so if your not a dog person probably not a trail for you.
Elevation plot with stats.
It took me an hour to reach the top, note the average grade is 14.8%. Going up was a major cardio workout even at my slow pace at just under 4mph. My legs felt good but my heart was about to jump out of my chest and I was sucking wind hard. Coming back down was a quad burner it took about 40min at a 6mph pace.
Panorama looking down half way up the haystack.
I started up the haystack, it was wet and somewhat slick.  I still had good traction but I chickened out about half way up. I little farther down from that point I sat down for a minute and took the above picture.
Looking down on North Bend from Mt. Si
Panorama from Mt. Si

Overall it that a great run. Nice to see a lot of the snow is melting from the peaks. This opens up a lot more trails up for running. I did eat it running down, snagged a root with my right foot toe. I need to pick up my feet more ;P All is ok only a scrap on my hand and a bruise on my left hip.

No comments:

Post a Comment